Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Paetryn
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

re: EverQuest Next Landmark - NDA lifted

Hello Relics,

Not even 24 hrs after opening in Alpha and they've lifted the NDA.

So far so good.  It is unbelievable in very good shape for an opening day.  The graphics is great and sharp, the crafting is fun and even more fun is building what you want out of nothing is awesome.  I've got a keep started on the top of a mountain with the side of it facing the only approachable side.  The night time stars and day time skies are very picturesque.

I will post some pictures soon since the NDA has been lifted.

Mark of the Historian

Very nice.  Look forward to seeing what you made!

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I have had my finger "On the Trigger" several times to buy this, but still have not done so. Please let us know what you think Paetryn as I loved playing Minecraft for years and this looks like it might appeal to the "Creator" in me.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Oxillion
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

For some reason I am on the fence also.  Visions of GW2 hype, beta, and release.  Then the emotional hit post the wait.  Yes, its a game.  I guess its like reading a great book and you are engrossed.   In the last chapter not only have the hero slain  but the kingdom falls as well.  The retrospective begins after you put the book down.  I have so much hope for this game.   I think that is why I have been so quite on the posts.   As for you all brave enough to jump in post some reactions to what you think.

Mo

Mark of the Historian

Here is the plot of land that I claimed:

Mark of the Historian

I started to clear away the land:

Mark of the Historian

My first wall, and hostile travellers beware of the arrows :

Awarded:

Those are awesome Paetryn.  Please feel free to keep us posted on progress.   As my time is so limited these days, about all I can do is enjoy this stuff vicariously through folks like you.  :)

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Ok.. so I finally "Pulled the trigger" and bought the Trailblazer pack. Download was very quick.

Character creation was easy even for an "Alpha" stage and I logged in... to about 50 other players in the immediate area and not a single square inch of area left to stake a claim..  So I explored..  and I haven't been this impressed with scenery (Even in an Alpha test) since exploring Beta Lotro. Standing atop a mountain and gazing at the plains and hills below..  I was rather impressed.

Now if I could only find a parcel of land to call "Home" and start playing with the "Building" aspect of Landmark.

I will keep folks updated but am looking forward to read more about my fellow "Homesteader" Paet..  :)

Paetryn
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

They are bring a third server online sometime today.  Can you believe it some people are complaining the game isn't playable to them on day 4 of alpha.  I agree with you Lea the view is awesome. 

One piece of advice be careful not to dig your way thru to the other side of the world.  When mining ore, you just don't wack on a piece of resource until it disappears.  You actually start to dig a hole.  I've wiped out a side of a mountain while mining .

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Thanks Paet, until new places for claims open, I was just going to do some "Underground" exploration like I loved to do in Minecraft..  Find a mountainside and just dig in and down.. see what is underneath like resources and caverns ect..

Folks think that because they paid, that even as "Alpha" the game should be flawless for them. As it said in the opening "Welcome" message, this is BEFORE Beta testing.. and folks seem to forget what Beta testing is like.. we are probably months away from even Beta testing starts.. but they think.. "OMGZ I paid and the game doesn't work.. !!"  Well of course it doesn't work yet.. it isn't a complete game yet.. Server chatter is Hillarious at times.

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Logged in after todays schedules maintenance but there were no new servers yet. What I did find was that all the resources had reset so I spent a few hours wandering around gathering Copper, Tin Gems ect.. I encountered a few Ores that my Founders Pick couldn't harvest as well.

Wish I could figure out how to take Screen Pics..

Paetryn
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

ALT + F10 hides the UI, CTRL + F12 takes the snap shot.  But, I haven't figured out where they go yet.  So what I do is print screen, place it in PowerPoint, crop it and save it as a JPEG.

If I figure out where the snapshots go I'll let you know.

As well, I'm using Paetryn as my name "surprise".  I'm on Liberation server and on the Island of Headland (T2).

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Paetryn wrote:

They are bring a third server online sometime today.  Can you believe it some people are complaining the game isn't playable to them on day 4 of alpha.  I agree with you Lea the view is awesome. 

I can actually understand in this case.  If it was a normal alpha where you didn't have to buy access then I wouldn't, but if they're going to charge for it then there needs to be at least SOMETHING to play, even if it's bug ridden and barely works.

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Well..  Day 3 of simply wandering and searching for a place to call "Home". I am blown away at the complete Islands that are 100% claimed but there is absolutely little to zero construction. I swear I have seen one persons name on 4 different claims on 3 different islands. <shrug>

I have gathered enough mats to build and carry a Forge and Saw to drop on my little parcel of "Home" when I find one and until then, will continue to explore and upgrade my tools.

How goes the Homestead Paet?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: