Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Faynwen-Magnes
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

re: Anybody out there?

I'm not sure if anyone is still logging in to see what's new in BDO or just stopping by for nostalgia. 

I was playing until my computer bit the dust mid December.  I am having a new one built but with the new year it was hard to get some parts.  I should be back in game in the next few weeks.  In the mean time I'm still playing WoW on my old emergency computer.

I will be back in game soon I hope.  

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Good for you.......Still a GREAT game...........!

Awarded:

Did you make it back yet Faynwen?

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I am back but I am just afk training horses and fishing.  Real life is just to busy right now and to advance other than life skills just takes way too much time in this game.  I still love the graphics and game play.  

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Best graphics by far of any MMO.  Best overall gameplay of any MMO.  Anybody thinking I like this game?

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

And a WONDERFUL update hitting 4/6.  Just saying!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Eyesadi wrote:

Best graphics by far of any MMO.  Best overall gameplay of any MMO.  Anybody thinking I like this game?

You're still pushing that P2P garbage game I see...

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Where you been hiding???  No appearances for a LONG time old friend.

Here we go again with the P2P argument.  And it's just flat out WRONG.

I've been playing the game for a LONG time now (since beta) and will readily concede it's not for you "Wow" kinda gamers.  BDO you actually can play in many, many different ways.  It's all about choices on what you want to do today, and your plans on moving forward.

If leveling is all you want to do, and your in a hurry, then yea, your gonna pay for that.  A LOT.

But if your an older chilled out kinda gamer, who wants to craft, quest and explore there's NO REASON to spend a penny.  Sure, you will not hit 61+ in 45 minutes like in Wow, but it's all about CHOICES on how you want to play the game.  I have not spent a penny in well over the past year now.  And that's with pretty much daily logins.  The game has evolved now to where they give you so much FREE stuff, a CASUAL gamer can play forever for free.

Am I 61+? NOPE!  And probably never will be!  Guess what? It matters not!  I love the graphics, the life skills the combat.  All REAL good!  And now with 23 classes and season servers!  No PVP!

I am currently playing BDO, EQ2 and LOTRO.  kinda in hog heaven!

Side note here......perhaps topics for another day.......LOTRO just completely changed their monitization scheme and basically EVERYTHING is now free.

That said.....you would not like it much cuz you can't hit 140 in 25 minutes!

My thoughts are simple.....We all play whatever game we currently play for differing reasons. 

I well recall one of the few times we actually grouped.....You were totally focused on just leveling and updating your gear!  That's your style and you are surly not alone in those goals.  But some folks enjoy the journey far more than the destination?  We play for the pleasure of playing and not the competition of hitting cap in the shortest time possible.  With ubered out gear.

Different strokes for different folks?

As long as your having fun in your chosen game, what else really matters?

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Eyesadi wrote:

Where you been hiding???  No appearances for a LONG time old friend.

Here we go again with the P2P argument.  And it's just flat out WRONG.

I've been playing the game for a LONG time now (since beta) and will readily concede it's not for you "Wow" kinda gamers.  BDO you actually can play in many, many different ways.  It's all about choices on what you want to do today, and your plans on moving forward.

If leveling is all you want to do, and your in a hurry, then yea, your gonna pay for that.  A LOT.

But if your an older chilled out kinda gamer, who wants to craft, quest and explore there's NO REASON to spend a penny.  Sure, you will not hit 61+ in 45 minutes like in Wow, but it's all about CHOICES on how you want to play the game.  I have not spent a penny in well over the past year now.  And that's with pretty much daily logins.  The game has evolved now to where they give you so much FREE stuff, a CASUAL gamer can play forever for free.

Am I 61+? NOPE!  And probably never will be!  Guess what? It matters not!  I love the graphics, the life skills the combat.  All REAL good!  And now with 23 classes and season servers!  No PVP!

I am currently playing BDO, EQ2 and LOTRO.  kinda in hog heaven!

Side note here......perhaps topics for another day.......LOTRO just completely changed their monitization scheme and basically EVERYTHING is now free.

That said.....you would not like it much cuz you can't hit 140 in 25 minutes!

My thoughts are simple.....We all play whatever game we currently play for differing reasons. 

I well recall one of the few times we actually grouped.....You were totally focused on just leveling and updating your gear!  That's your style and you are surly not alone in those goals.  But some folks enjoy the journey far more than the destination?  We play for the pleasure of playing and not the competition of hitting cap in the shortest time possible.  With ubered out gear.

Different strokes for different folks?

As long as your having fun in your chosen game, what else really matters?

I think that you have the wrong impression of my game style. I don't like WoW as it is now and have NEVER been concerned about my gear, hitting cap or having the best gear at all! I like vanilla WoW and how you are required to group for some parts of the questing and how professions mattered. I can sit there for quite awhile and enjoy fishing. My favorite, most memorable times in in MMO's is hanging out with guildies and just killing monsters with no questing involved. Just going to some random location and killing mobs together or hanging out with my real life friends that now live on the other side of the world and fishing together in game. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm concerned with being the most ubered out player. That has NEVER been me.

Like I said, WoW sucks. I'm waiting for a game where I can hang out with people again and have a common goal.

But you know, I've been considering giving BDO a second chance if I can avoid being annoyed by that black blob thing.

Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Was just reading the Pantheon newsletter for this month, which I think you said you were waiting for.  Amazing they're still moving forward after all this time, but boy their "to do" list is still so long.  They're definitely dedicated and hope they have some success.  Scott keeps telling me to try ESO again, that it's gotten better since I tried it, but just haven't been motivated to play.  Ready for the sun and warmer weather!

Notja
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Mystarra wrote:

Was just reading the Pantheon newsletter for this month, which I think you said you were waiting for.  Amazing they're still moving forward after all this time, but boy their "to do" list is still so long.  They're definitely dedicated and hope they have some success.  Scott keeps telling me to try ESO again, that it's gotten better since I tried it, but just haven't been motivated to play.  Ready for the sun and warmer weather!

The quests in ESO are great! I'm considering getting back into it.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Sorry N!  We really only grouped a few times and I must have gotten the wrong impression.  If your looking for that "chill" kinda experience, (broken record here) You should look at LOTRO.  VERY old game with dated graphics but is now totally free to play.  MUCH slower pace than our more recent games with fewer class choices but a very "chill" experience this trip.  Standing Stones did a very smart thing by basically making everything free now.  Buy the latest xpac for $30.00 and you get EVERYTHING.  Tremendous deal.

Much as I would LOVE to see you try BDO one more time, if the Black Spirit annoys you.......just DO NOT.  If anything, his role is bigger now.  The game has over 10,000 quests and I have told many folks you COULD play this game without MOST combat and still progress quite nicely.  The life skills and questing in the game are just gorgeous.  And tho you could VERY easily spend a LOT of RL money, you never really HAVE to if you want to play casually.  The game also has the most generous freebies of any game I have ever seen.  Just wonderful in that regard.

I'm kinda convinced Pantheon will never see the light of day.  It's just been to long in development and was to be a niche game anyway.  Sad to say, but the market has changed dramatically over the years. 

We still have EQ and EQ2 tho!  I'm still enjoying Norath!

Let's see where (if anywhere at all!) you two decide to try again.  I'd really give LOTRO a peek......the price is right!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Pantheon will see the light of day. They have constant updates and video progress on their YouTube channel. Sure, it's taking a while and I'm sure they had a big setback with the loss of Brad, but they are still chugging along.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Kinda funny......I just went back and reread some of our Pantheon posts......Back in 2016 we were told pre alpha was just about ready!  Yippee!  Wait a second.....did I say 2016????

Hows that preorder treating ya N?

Sorry.....Could not resist!

Did you look at LOTRO?   For a 15 year old game it seems to fit our needs quite nicely.  We started with just two of us a few weeks back, and were now up to 6.

Much more importantly, were all having a very nice lil run.  Worth a look!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Good things come to those who wait. Still not as long as Star Citizen. LOL!

I've played LOTRO in the past. I'm really enjoying FFXIV and almost done with the ARR storyline. Very interested game and classes. So much to do!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: