Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oxillion
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

re: RoH and Landmark

Hi Everyone,

Well the main team for Landmark made a decision to pull out of Landmark last night.   There are combination of reasons other than the EQN cancellation.   The introduction of micro transactions and completely loading down the crafting aspects of the game with external non resource requirements was something we could over look.  The big news came last night about the wipe that is happening today.  The original plan was for a claim wipe.   Not a show stopper at all.  Now, it is full on claim and character wipe.  This means all of your resources and gear and even your name can be lost.  To add to that you will lose your claim in the world.  This is all slipping out in multiple forums and website.  It’s become clear DBG is a complete cluster right now.  Communication is a mess and frankly the one thing about the game we all loved was it was a calm place to go do whatever you wanted.  We are now back to square one.  Major and nasty issues of purchased items being ignored or possible you will not be able to get back post the wipe.  The attitude from DBG is clearly in the cash grab mode and all of us that purchased founder’s packs are out of luck. 

With that said we decided we have pretty much had it with the state of the game even after 2 years of support and dealing with a broken company and game.   It’s really sad it has come to this but this is what a dying company looks like.   I honestly fear for the EQ franchises that are left.  They have been hit hard and it will get even worse as DBG moves into the cash and purchase phase. 

So, I am sorry we have pulled up the main banner for RoH but we gave it one hell of a run. 

Ox

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

That's sad. DBG is really showing their true colors now.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

So sorry Ox.....I know you folks were REALLY enjoying it there.......

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Wow, that has to be so disheartening to all of you.  All that time, effort, and money too.  But then I guess on the flip side of that it was Alpha, although a very long Alpha.  When Alpha launched, I assumed everything would be wiped before official release.   But then after awhile I never really thought there would be an official release and they would just leave things as they were or shut down.

Sad for you all.

Ah, what might have been.  I still get nostalgic goosebumps when I hear the original theme.  I guess they ditched the first alpha theme for something new, which was awesome too, as is everything Jeremy Soule does.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: