Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

re: EQ as we know it is gone.

Oxillion wrote:

Have you seen anything on the horizon MMO wise?

As far as releasing this year, all I really heard about is Shroud of the Avatar and The Division, which is more multi-player shooter.  First year in a long time where there's really nothing big coming out.

Even going forward a couple years there's Pantheon, Star Citizen, Crowfall, EQNext maybe, some Asian PvP games.  I'm still waiting for Funcom to release to upgraded Anarchy Online graphics they've been talking about for years.

Oxillion
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

re: EQ as we know it is gone.

Have not play AO but it looks interesting.  Yeah its slim pickings for MMO's coming out.   GW2 has the xpac coming but they have not corrected the storyline and the balancing with the dungeons yet.  With a 3 man team its really hard to get anywhere in GW2 other then the living story and crafting.  Don't get me wrong its a great concept and it is evolving but its no EQ.  ITs a solid game but something leaves me feeling empty for some odd reason.  I am hoping EQN is a go and I am looking at Bless but after the combat changes its looking like a console game for PC's.  That means key crushing and hack city.  

Star Citizen looks very interesting but I have a lot of questions as to limitations of the game.  In EVE we got away from the combat and started to do deep space exploration.  To some its boring but to us it was fun until the regional wars broke out and that was a real mess.  You would log out for the night to log in to see a new faction has take the space and wiped out you new shiny base in a obscure wormhole.  It happened to many times to a random thing so we decided to pack it up and moved to WOW....really miss the flying in that game but EQ Landmark sort of has it. 

So what to do at this point?  Wait and hope?  Try to find a new adventure to dive into.  I Think there are few options coming its just going to take some patience and my nemesis TIME!

Ox  

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: