Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> General MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

re: Changes Coming to The Secret World

From the Producer Letter, they are making changes to the lower levels to be less brutal for new players.  A few things they are changing:

- Decreased time it takes to kill monsters before reaching Tokyo.

- Adjusted the irritating population, so players have room to run away and not charge into something else.

- All rare bosses have had a loot revamp and are now guaranteed to drop a blue item.

- Revamped quest rewards throughout the game to be more meaningful to progression and help avoid players gimping themselves early in the game.

- Tutorials have been upgraded to teach players to use two weapons.  Revamped tutorial pages as well to more clearly explain things that were omitted.

- Updated starter decks with more reliable builds.

- Introduced a fast travel system.

- Once the revamp is finalized they will be offering some special events to entice players to return.

While I am aware that some people will be standing on their porch shaking their fist at me right now and shouting “Damn you for making it easier for the filthy casuals” I would like to point out that we have not touched the difficulty of content outside of the critical game path – dungeons, lairs and Tokyo are all unaffected.

Think of it as turning progression from a staircase into a ramp – they still reach the same height but one of them is less abrupt along the way.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> General MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: