View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Black Sorrow

re: I'm BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!

Howdy, howdy, howdy!!!!

After a long (too long) hiatus, I am finally back! Life took me in a bad direction. But I am now single (and NOT looking) and no longer in Oklahoma. Needed the change even though it left me jobless (I sub-teach during the school year). I am currently recovering from a retropharyngeal abscess with secondary osteomyelitis of the first and second cervical vertebrae...in laymen's terms...I got some bad juju going on in my neck in a really bad spot.

On EQ2, I'm Blacksorrowz (guess the 'z' got added when Crushbone was merged into Maj'Dul...which means I may have an old f2p account with characters on Maj'Dul...). Black is semi-retired now, coming out from a life of quiet contemplation to give that strange panda some vicarious exploratory experiences for free goodies for the second generation of adventurers (too much has changed and much more forgotten to pick up where I left off). Others of Black's contemporarie have sadly passed on, but they are remembered through the baubles and relics gifted to their successors.

So...Howdy and hope I'll get to "see" more of y'all and don't just disappear again anytime soon. And Q...does Relics still have a guild on EQ2 and, if so, please tell me it's on the Maj'Dul server?

Ron (aka Blacksorrow, et al) 

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Well, the guild is still there, but sad to say, I don't believe anyone is still playing EQ2 there these days.

A few folks have moved on to Black Desert online.  A very nice game it is.  Well worth a look if your looking for grouping up.

Ary and I are back in EQ2 full force.  We actually are playing on all the current normal servers.

Notja had joined us but only for a heatbeat and moved on.  No longer his cup of tea I guess.

Ary and I are basically soloers, raiders we are not.  We play for the love of Norrath.

If you've been gone for awhile, be warned......things have changed a bit!

So if ya need a home, and depending on your play style, any Relic is welcome to join us!

EQ2 holds a ton of great memories, and is still a fun place to adventure in......

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Wow, Blacksorrow....now there's a name I haven't seen in many years!  Good to hear from you again.  Yeah as Eyesadi said, everyone moved on.  I think Daxe held out the longest and was the only one online in EQ2 for quite awhile.  Think she left when the servers merged.  Tkyle used to pop in to pay rent on the hall but hasn't since the merge.  I don't play MMO's anymore but kept the site up so folks can still connect or come back after a long absence to check in...like you!

Black Sorrow

I noticed the servers seem awfully quiet even with the mergers. I've been through several MMOs but keep coming back to EQ2...don't know why really, but of all of them, I love the housing options on EQ2. SWTOR has good housing, but you just cain't move things around or be real creative like EQ2 offers.

It has definitely changed, so starting characters from scratch to get the full feel again. Gotta read up on those mercenaries tho' and figure out how to use them.

I'll have to check out Black Desert. Is it F2P? Also saw the post on the old SOE developers and their new project, Ashes of Creation. Now that sounds exciting if they can pull it off. Those early buy ins seem a bit steep for what you get, but haven't looked closely at it and the unique perks may be worth it. But don't have a lot of loose cash hanging about these days...although after my MRI next week, I may have enough data to get some disability...which will help.

I'll see about getting a message out to the Relics on EQ2...I can probably pull some of the old guys in to help pay up rent.

So, Mystarra, what made you decide to quit MMOs altogether? If you don't mind my asking.

R

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Great idea on starting fresh!  And I'll tell ya this right up front......with a merc you can solo to 100 easily!  Real game changer they be.  You'll love em.

Real easy to use......You'll see.......and you'll want a few I'll wager.

Hopefully we can get ya guilded ASAP and help out a bit with bags and such.  I asked Mary to look for ya as well.  

I think were gonna fit real nice......we totally agree on EQ2.......I've left 100 times......yet always my road leads me home.........!

BDO can be free to play after buying the game........but I would not recommend it.  I mean, I HIGHLY recommend the game, just not as a FTP.  The game has no level cap and is quite rng dependent for gear at high levels.  But it is a gorgeous game with TONS to do.  Check the forums here......You'll see I am one of it's biggest boosters......A real nice game.

As to AoC..........looks good but not for a few years!

EQ2 is still a ton of fun......your right.....best housing ever!  And one can play very casually if one wants.......

Tell us just a bit bout your style?  Soloer?  Grouper?  Rushing to cap or enjoying the journey like me And Mary?

Crafter?  Fave class(s)???

And puleeze say you like voice chat???

Talk soon! 

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

One more thing.......You'll see plenty of activity at level 100.  Game has a few years on it and most folks and guilds are doing the 100 stuff.  So the lower zones are pretty empty.......You'll see folks there, but most folks have level 100 toons and are doing those zones......

Depending on your style and what you want out of the game that can be good or not so much!

Howdy!

Guess the best description for me is casual solo explorer. I do group on occasion. Never really done raids...mostly because those in raid groups are so uptight about having the equipment and knowing the dungeon, bosses, etc...Uhhh...need to run the raids to get the equipment and knowledge...

I usually have my AA set at 75 or higher so I level slowly. Gives me more time to explore areas without them being all gray halfway through. Had some guy in butcherblock send a blind invite *then* finally say 'it's faster to get through this area if we group'. Me: first, ask before sending invite. Second, I don't want to finish fast, dude. I'm not a power leveler...I had to set him to ignore...think he got pissed at me...Don't care. Currently running my gnome wiz/tinkerer Tuftler up to 20...would go faster if I didn't keep stopping to decorate his workshop. LOL...since I have work today and Friday, I'll be on after 5 CDT...alts are Lincinius, Praeld, Feydruatha, Victorio, Tuftler, and Akobar....Blacksorrrow is my old guy...have others but not active with them and they will eventually go into retirement. I can give more details about them later...when I'm back on my computer and not my phone...and at home.

Laterz

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Oh my GAWD!  You and Mary are gonna become such FRIENDS!  Your style description could easily be used to describe her.  She LOVES doing every quest in EVERY zone.

We have a mechanic in game now where you can "set" your level to whatever you wish......as long as it's lower than your current level I do believe.  So, you could take a level 50 toon........visit the NPC......and set your level to 20.....or 30.........whatever!  So your quests never really will grey out.  Unless you want them to.

You sure sound like your gonna fit right in.......Mary and I chat most everyday........yet we group about once a month.........!  That may change a bit as she (and you?) level up........We may actually want to do a few of the dungeons.  Maybe!

But the way the game has progressed there is no need to group.....The mercs are quite overpowered and will aid you far better than we ever could.  Especially so with your play style....I'd guess your easily able to handle everything so far with your "Mary" style!  She never dies......unless she groups with me!  

How far had you gotten b4?  Up to what xpac/level?  The 3 latest xpacs are really quite nice and offer tons of questing and exploring.

Seems we better strap in here.......the rides getting good......We just gotta get you guilded.  You'll LOVE the hall.  Trust me on THAT!

Mary on this board BTW is Aryonie.......just so ya know!

C'mon Mary.......say hello!

LOL! I got up to Velious (did I spell that right?), but I apparently hadn't explored the entire area as Black found out when he went back to visit for that strange panda in Sundered who likes to live vicariously and give out free goodies.

You have to be lvl 20 (I believe) before the chronomages will even talk to you...those stuck up SOBs! Black is 90...95?...whatever was max at the time. He has a fab house in Maj'Dul that he needs to finish decorating. He has stuff I don't even remember him getting. LOL!

The list of characters:

Blacksorrow, Sarnak, Shadowknight, 90 (looked it up), large house in Maj'Dul (lvl 90 weaponsmith).

Lincinius Rattus, Esq (current leader of the group), Ratonga, Troub, 22, Inn room at the Jade Tiger (only using the one room, but it has 3 floors...thinking he may have to expand into the second room for crafting and music....) and has a Rum Runner Island that he shares with Akobar and Tuftler (altho' that gnome is already getting on his nerves with all the explosions). Furniture Maker Extrodinaire.

Praeld Eisherz, Barbarian, Monk, 25, Currently only has a one-room place in New Halas and hasn't really done much in the way of home decor. just uses it for storage until he gets around to buying one of large New Halas homes. He also has his Everfrost Hall that's a bit of a fixer upper to make it more appropriate to display the trophies of his exploits...he may be a monk, but he's still a barbarian! He has an estate in Mistmoor, but it's a bit too fancy for his tastes and it didn't actually take much fast talk by Lin to convince him to let the Rat Pack use it as the central hub of the housing portal network...a Grand Portal Station (in construction). Has his eyes on a couple other places, but hasn't decided on anything firm just yet. Likes to create the latest fashions tailored specifically to each individual.

Feydruatha, Freeblood, Assassin, 25, Currently has two room place in Neriak, but has recently put in offer in on a larger place with a view of his goal home, the Darklight Palace itself! He also has plans for creating a Grand Mausoleum in Mistmoor and creating a memorial to himself in Everfrost. He recently purchased the Estate of Unrest (the un-predecorated one since he thought the previous interior designer was nothing but a scam artist). He was sold on the estate as a fixer upper when he bought it...and was so ecstatic when he discovered a secret obuliette he cracked a smile. Not open to visitors just yet, still got a lot of decorating to do...and need to find that malfunctioning soldierbot that escaped from the dungeon... Potions maker, although his not-so-secret ambition is Defense Against the Dark Arts, but his addiction to Spice has been keeping him down. (And, yes, I am so mixing up my pop culture references)

Victorio, Halfling, Warder, 20, and every inch a hobbit. He's a bit of a prankster and plans to create a funhouse in Kelethin because those uptight fayfolk just need to learn how to have fun. But he also likes his creature comforts and is developing his island vale home into a retreat from his adventuring life with plans for several grottoes with different themes. And true to form, he's Master Chef to the Pack.

Akobar, Sarnak, Channeler, 22. Very stoic and practical as every Sarnak should be. Believes he is living in the shadow of his progenitor, Blacksorrow, even though Black has little to do with him believing he is more than capable of making his own way in the world. Makes his home in Gorowyn and has his eyes on a couple of pieces of real estate besides Mistmoor and Everfrost. Loves carving wood into functional weapons, especially arrows which he goes though by the wagon load.

Tuftler, Gnome, Wizard, 17. Newest member of the pack. He inherited a lot of Tinker Toys from his retired uncle and has been gleefully setting up his Workshop in Queynos. He has also convinced Lin to let him develop a couple of the small offshore islands at the back of the main island into prime gnome real estate. He's also has a notebook full of ideas on creating Everfrost and Mistmoor workshops with their unique environmental qualities and local flora/fauna. He's got his eyes on a tinkerer island as well. Researching and tinkering, tinkering and researching...those are his main goals in life. He can cobble you together a pair of gnome boots or scribe out a spell scroll for ya...just don't expect too much yet. Lots of stuff going on in his head, more than he can get onto paper at the moment.

And that there is the Rat Pack in its current form. Most deaths are the result of doing something stupid...like running off cliffs or having a giant mole creature sneak up from behind...sometimes they are the result of the puppetmaster going afk in the middle of a battle...a merc would help there.

Online now, but don't know how long I'll last. Eyes are already drooping. Goal is to last long enough to check everyone's research and get my loyalty coins.

See ya around the Claymore.

R

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Absolutely wonderful account summary.  LOVE the toon names. And actual history.

I find you can tell a LOT about a person just by the care they take in naming their avatars.

Me for sure, and I believe Mary as well, are eagerly looking forward to actually meeting you my new friend.

Increasingly, you seem to be our kinda guildie.  Slower pace, playing for the enjoyment of Norrath.

And, as I've been preaching to Mary, I'm SO JEALOUS of where your at in your exploration of Norrath.

You have so many wonderful new lands to explore.......content lies yet ahead for many Norathian moons......

The best of these lands lies yet ahead!  Several expansions for you to yet explore.

Remind us......Do you have any "normal" in game times?  Mary had sent you a few tells last night, but you musta missed em.....

Or ignored them thinking it was not us.......and voice chat?  Do you use any form of it?  Would make contact a tad easier.....once we get ya in the guild it will be much easier!  Finally, your in the middle of the USA?  Central time zone??

Sorry...probably missed them. I kept examining the back of my eyelids...and finally gave up. What's Mary's alt name? I can send her a message on which alt is adventuring. I don't think I have other plans tonight so I can be on 5ish CDT. I'll run thru the alts to check on their ability research then pull one in as the main for the night. Think I'll be on Praeld for a bit setting up my portal hub. Can't wait to meet y'all in game.

R

Aryonie
Legendary

Awarded:

Aryonie, Oniarya and Colexa

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

OMG!  Mary posted!

I KNEW you two would become GREAT friends!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Black Sorrow wrote:

Howdy!

Guess the best description for me is casual solo explorer. I do group on occasion. Never really done raids...mostly because those in raid groups are so uptight about having the equipment and knowing the dungeon, bosses, etc...Uhhh...need to run the raids to get the equipment and knowledge...

I usually have my AA set at 75 or higher so I level slowly. Gives me more time to explore areas without them being all gray halfway through. Had some guy in butcherblock send a blind invite *then* finally say 'it's faster to get through this area if we group'. Me: first, ask before sending invite. Second, I don't want to finish fast, dude. I'm not a power leveler...I had to set him to ignore...think he got pissed at me...Don't care. Currently running my gnome wiz/tinkerer Tuftler up to 20...would go faster if I didn't keep stopping to decorate his workshop. LOL...since I have work today and Friday, I'll be on after 5 CDT...alts are Lincinius, Praeld, Feydruatha, Victorio, Tuftler, and Akobar....Blacksorrrow is my old guy...have others but not active with them and they will eventually go into retirement. I can give more details about them later...when I'm back on my computer and not my phone...and at home.

Laterz

Sounds like we have the same gaming style.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Well, Not, you know if EQ2 EVER gets your attention again, you always have a home with Me, Mary and now Ron........

We'd love to get ya back........

Mary and I are on all the current servers......Ron just came back and is on MD.  I know you said you deleted all your toons there.

But so what?  Level is just like age.......tis only a number!  These days we play for the enjoyment of it.

We would be glad to help any way we can.........know that!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: