Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

re: "I want you to build.... an ARK "

With the release of the latest BDO expansion a month ago came a new continent to explore and new "Projects" for us "Life Skill Carebears" to tackle. I chose the toughest and the one that appealed to me the most.. The Epherian Sailing Ship.

We started the game with Log rafts, Row Boats and even Fishing boats but since the start, the appearance changed, but the boats themselves stayed the same; until now. Now we could construct actual Sailing Ships to travel the open seas to reach the new lands. The voyage would be very dangerous with sea monsters, pirates and even other players able to attack your craft. Here what was involved:

Epherian Sailing Ship

Epherian Plans X 20    - (Daily quest for 1 plan as a reward a day- VERY easy)

Steel Ingots X 600      - (requires 5 Iron ore = 1 Melted Iron;  5 Melted Iron + 5 Coal = 1 Steel Ingot)

Flax Fabric x 300         - (requires 10 flax fiber= 1 Flax thread, 10 flax thread = 1 Flax fabric)

Pine Plywood x 1500     - ( 5 pine timber = 1 Pine Plank; 10 Planks = 1 Plywood)

Standardized Square Timber x 800  - (10 Logs = 1 Usable Scanting; 10 Usable Scanting = 1 Square timber)

Note: I considered myself prepared for the resources required when rumors leaked about the ship months ago, but I had sadly underestimated the totals).

Once I started to gather the material, each one had to be "Worked" by my Workers to add to the Ship. Skilled Workers required 1.5 hours per piece and Professional Workers required an hour PER piece. That means it took 1 Professional Worker 1 hour to "Add" 1 piece to the Project. 600 Steel requires 600 Professional work hours, 1500 Plywood = 1500 Professional work hours. That means a LARGE workforce is required. I have been working with 15 Professional and 6 Skilled Workers in my Port, which means every hour I add about 20 hours work to the project. This is day 22 of my Project.

Have I lost ya yet? image

By tomorrow, I expect to have the HMS Narenwin ready to be Christened (Photos to follow)

After that comes the project of Deck Armor, Cannons, Faster Sails and extended Cargo/Ammo Hold and Skilled Sailors for a crew.

AHOY RELICS!  New Lands and new adventures await.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Faynwen-Magnes
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

This is why I stick with farming and hunting... That was a lot of work.  I was exhausted just reading about all the mats.

I can't wait to see the finished product! image

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Whew!  I am exhausted just reading about making this ship....but also very excited to see it... 

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

The "Narinwen" has a massive Hold, is almost twice as fast as a Fishing boat, reinforced Deck Plating and has 2 working cannons. Each cannon requires a Guild member to fire and requires ammunition. This means any who wish to fire the guns needs to look up the "Artillery Video" for BDO to learn how.

I am going to start filling a portion of the hold with Cannon balls because they are very heavy and carrying them on your toon is difficult.

The voyage to the New World is fraught with Dangerous mobs but we can and will set our Guild banner on those distant shores. image

Isisathea
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I will look it up....  :-).   OK I need help.  I can not find a video about making artillary.....  Can you provide a link or direction?

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I already "Made" the Ships cannons (They are +1 with Black Stone weapons as well for added Punch)

Here is one I found about how to aim and Fire a cannon. Just remember that the Deck guns are "Fixed" to the deck and only swing left and right, up and down like a Ship's Turret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY4VXsUmEYs

Faynwen-Magnes
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I think you can buy cannon balls from the wharf master but I hear they are very expensive.  You can also make them in a workshop.

See below for the materials needed

http://bddatabase.net/us/design/8065/

Arrrr Matey!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Wow...sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to see the pix!!

Jump to: