Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> General MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dumacles
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

re: Project Gorgon

Not sure if anyone has some spare time on there hands and wants to try out the beta of a game but I have spent the last couple of days in Project Gorgon.  Got hurt in agility and 2-3 weeks rest required so I checked it out.  Old school graphics but reminds me a lot of Asheron's Call way back in the beginning. Infact, some people are calling it the "spiritual" successor to that game.

The thing I like about it right now is that you have to figure stuff out. The quest guy doesn't tell you where the quest stuff is. You take the quest and then explore to find it. You level everything-gathering, crafting, weapon craft, magic, exploration, knowledge-it all gets better the more you do it and you get perks in those things the higher level you go.

Another thing I like is that the npc's interact with you depending on how much time you invest with them. Talk to them, they tell you more. Do them favors, they tell you more. Give them gifts...you get the idea.

Anyway, its in free beta. Pretty short download on the zip file. Here is the link: http://forum.projectgorgon.com/

One last thing, be prepared to die. I was killed by a rat, by flames I could not get to water fast enough to put out and nearly died being attacked by a pig-a pig!  There is also an option to go "hard core" where you can opt to not just respawn at your bind point at death but you also lose items and have to go back and get them.  Not doing that atm but might in the future. The old corpse runs in AC were nearly as much fun as the dungeons.....

I remember trying the beta about a year ago.  It was interesting, but very little content at the time.

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”
Isisathea
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I have this game....  The developers are a couple, who had worked on EQ2 among other mmo's.   The graphcs have gotten much better since the Alpha phase...  If I wasn't still so wrapped up in BDO,  I would play it a lot more.... Oh and it is free and an easy download. 

Here is a link to the wiki page.

http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for posting about it..

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I'll have to revisit this game as well.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> General MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: