Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

re: multitasking tips

Thought I'd share a routine I've gotten into that has proven to be fairly lucrative (in money, training, and contribution points) with minimal time invested on my part.     

This was what I did yesterday off and on while mostly afk -- and made progress in gathering, processing, fishing, cooking, farming, training, trade, strength, breath, and contribution points.

1. Pick two trading posts located near safe fishing spots and connect them by investing contribution points.   One should be close to a reesidence where you can do the cooking.     I chose Velia and the Moretti Plantation (south of Heidel).   The latter because there is a little bend of the river right next to the Eastern Gateway which seems to always have abundant fishing (for now).   I did need to grab the Northern Cienaga node since that was the "origin" for the fish.

2. Establish a farm with 4 slots somewhere on your route -- make sure it has the right humidity and temperature for your crop.   I created a wheat farm but I assume all farms generate the same "extra" materials which can be handed in for contribution points.    Pick something which has a useful cooking recipe with only that one farming ingredient plus vendor materials.

3. Carry around empty bottles with you.

The routine is as follows:

1.  Afk fish until your pole breaks or you run out of inventory.  (fill water bottles when you are full on energy -- this levels gathering, gets you water for your farm, and avoids wasting excess energy).   Heat the water to make distilled water -- leveling processing.

2.  Run or ride your horse  (alternate to work on breath and training respectively) to your farm if it needs attention/water/harvesting.    When you harvest, make sure you use the breed option until you have enough seeds to replant.    Use your distilled water to water it if necessary.

3. Run or ride your horse to the far trading post and trade your fish.    

4. If you have harvested stuff from your farm,  cook it  (if you are at the "cooking" end of your route).    I was making beer, so this is also when I fed and checked up on my workers.

5. Afk fish at the second location.

6. Repeat -- but occasionally, instead of running or riding your horse,  pick up a heavy trade bundle from the trading post and walk to the other trading post in order to work on your strength.    Only do this if there are no bandits on the route between the two trading posts.

7. When cooking or farming, you'll occasionally get items which can be handed in 5-at-a-time for various things  (including contribution exp -- though I haven't handed any of those in yet so don't know how much you get).     This was the only non-quest way I've seen to get contribution points.

Anyway, hopefully at least one thing here was new to someone.   Feel free to share other multitasking routines you have.

Fitz

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Absamalootly GREAT post......!

And your the NEW guy???

You sure "got it" VERY quickly!

Grats to YOU!

Awarded:

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked it.

To add to the above,  I found that building a raft and then grabbing the Node out on Luivano Island (which connects directly to Velia) lets you fish fairly close to Velia (well before you pass Cron Castle) but yield much better fish.   Just sail your raft out until you change to the Luivano Island Node area and fish right from your raft.

While I was away at the gym this morning I got one gold fish which I traded for 60k, many blue fish, a few silver keys, and an Ancient Relic Crystal Shard which supposedly can be placed on the Marketplace for between 182 and 222k.    I'm holding on to the latter since I don't know what they're for yet.

I think my first long term goal will be to build an actual Fishing Boat -- though I hear it takes a long long time.  And I don't even have a level 2 shipyard yet.

Cheers,

Fitz

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Excellent Post Fitz.  Nice to see someone who loves to "peel the Onion" of this game like I do.

I linked the Nodes for Cron Castle myself for fishing and use my raft to sail across from the docks to the rocks to fish.

Those "Silver Keys" can be sold OR used to open treasure chests all over the world.

5 of the Ancient relic crystal shards are placed in a "Cross" pattern in your inventory and clicked and create a lv 45+ Boss Summoning scroll that is good for 6 days. I mistakenly created one from fishing at lv 15 and had to watch it expire in my inventory.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Isisathea
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Wow,  lots of good info here.....I MUST get out of Velia.....lol..

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

C......In this game.....

There's just no real hurry........

Seriously.......

It remains so different than what we have been used to......

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I know, just want to experience it to the fullest..

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

And you surely will.......

When it's time.......

More than most games we've played......it pays to go slow and EXPLORE everything......

This game was made for you!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Some great info here and in the fishing thread. Thanks for posting.  I dont know when I will ever get out of Veilia.  Each time I think I am moving on I find something new.  I have just opened up a third layer of quests from conversation games with several NPCs and I figured out an oveland route around Cron Castle.  Herb and plant gathering galore back there plus 2x stamina increases from all the exploring.  I think people jus go up on the hill to grind the Imp villages and then leave.  There is a nice view of the ocean from one of the hills where a stream runs down the hillside to the ocean as well.....

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

And that's how this game is played.......!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I have to make it over that hill....hehe.  I love exploring new pathways...

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Nope.....I won't EVEN touch THAT one....

Nope....

Be good Eye......

Isisathea wrote:

I have to make it over that hill....hehe.  I love exploring new pathways...

Sometime this week when you want to take it easy...come hop in my boat with me and we will go venture and check out some islands. Bring something strong to drink cuz my steering can be shady at times.....and that's on a good day, haha!

Honestly, right now, you can't get into too much trouble exploring cuz you can always run like heck outta dodge. Following roads is mostly safe. I know you like exploring. I will go run around with you if you want. We can take a stroll to Calpheon if ya like!

Isisathea
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

oooohhh  Calpheon.....that would be an adventure.....

Or island hopping.....so much to do and so little time..... hahaha

We have all the time in world...unless you are pertaining to your actual play time.  I know it stinks not being able to play as long as you want.  I know I have been overdoing it. My back is telling me so....BUT....ain't no stopping me now :) 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: