Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

re: How do we help the guild?

So I'm finally getting my bearings -- bought a house, hired workers, workers ran out of stamina, realized I needed to feed them, eventually figured out how to get a stove and learned to cook, and now I need wheat for beer -- probably from farming, but I'll have to figure that out later.

Less total confusion about everything led me to finally paying attention to our guild tab, and I'm wondering what we need and what I can do to help.   Do we accumulate guild points just by logging in and developing our characters?    And do we have specific money goals so we can attempt missions?   

I was a bit confused by the Activity number on the member status screen.  It says that activity points can only be obtained by doing guild quests or conquests ... neither of which I've done as far as I know.

Fitz

Dumacles
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Slightly off topic but beer will take potatos or corn as well as wheat. There is a farm near The starter sea port town tha grows corn and you can harvest it bare handed. 5 corn or potato or wheat for a single serving of beer.  You also need mineral water, sugar and a leavening agent.  Not in game ATM so I can't tell you the ratio.

also, if you didn't do it already the dwarf near the dock gives a quest with a reward for a free worker.

re: Re: How do we help the guild?

Fitzrobert wrote:

So I'm finally getting my bearings -- bought a house, hired workers, workers ran out of stamina, realized I needed to feed them, eventually figured out how to get a stove and learned to cook, and now I need wheat for beer -- probably from farming, but I'll have to figure that out later.

Less total confusion about everything led me to finally paying attention to our guild tab, and I'm wondering what we need and what I can do to help.   Do we accumulate guild points just by logging in and developing our characters?    And do we have specific money goals so we can attempt missions?   

I was a bit confused by the Activity number on the member status screen.  It says that activity points can only be obtained by doing guild quests or conquests ... neither of which I've done as far as I know.

Fitz 

Activity Points-

The activity is a bit confusing. It does say you can only obtain activity points that way, but we are gaining them from actual quests, crafting, etc.

I believe you can get them either way, but guild missions will give you ALOT more points.

We haven't done any guild missions yet. We were just discussing this last night, and it will be the best way to make money for the guild and to earn points. We just have to figure out the best time, that most people will be around since it only runs for 2 hours.

I was reading forums and the killing missions are best for high levels, gathering missions use up toons energy (I've heard when there isn't enough people that you have to swap out toons cuz of energy shortage), and trade missions don't use your energy, but use up coin. It seems that the trade quests are popular for small guilds because the small amount of coin it costs to purchase trade item, you sell back at a higher rate anyway, plus you get money  and exp for the guild, and no energy is wasted, so you can continue to play that toon afterwards.

Guild Points-

These are acquired the same way it seems, but guild points are needed to upgrade the size of the guild and guild skills/buffs, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------

The guild system is very unbalanced, in my opinion, and I hope they will tweak it some.

The guild master is the only one who can physically deposit money into the guild, so in order not to break Paetryn's piggy bank, we should probably hold off collecting our pay until we actually start doing these missions and building up some funds. It's a learning process for us all lol. Like Leanndra said, we will accept cookies as payment lol. Start baking, Paetryn :)

And to answer your question about making beer. It's best to send a worker to farm for whatever main ingredient you will use.  You will be making a lot of it and eventually you may want to cook something that recovers more stamina at a time.  I'm still using beer myself. I use potatoes, but Dumacles was right. Wheat, corn, barley also work.

Beer recipe:

5 potato/corn/wheat/barley

6 mineral water (in Velia you can get from David Finto at the inn)

2 leavening agent (David Finto)

1 sugar (David Finto)

Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

I actually set up my own wheat farm with four spots -- seems to be working out well for me.   Wanted to save my workers for other stuff -- mostly trying to work my way up to steel tools.

But its nice to know you can use other grains.

Also, I screwed up earlier today and withdrew 30k from the guild funds.  It was unintentional as I had wanted to deposit stuff and was thinking that the deposit button was grayed out because of something I was doing wrong.   So I clicked the other button to see what it did, and it didn't even give me a prompt before taking out the money.

So, is there no way to give back the money I took?

----

Regarding times for a mission,  with sufficient warning I can likely show up whenever.    Weekends are best though.

Fitz

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Both myself and Eye did the exact same thing with the Guild "Collection" button yesterday.

Seems there is still some work they need to do on the system like allow guild members to Contribute to the guild funds so the officers don't bare the burden of financing things.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Guilty!

Tho, taking P's 30K did feel VERY good!

Kidding aside......seems they do need to do bit of work on the guild system.........

Way to much on P's head here........

I tried to renew all the contracts yesterday.....but that's bout all I CAN do!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

*Stares at Eyesadi*  *starts to cast a curse* ...

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Oh Shiiit!

BUSTED eye be!

(He actually does read our posts!)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: