Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> Black Desert Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

re: what server? and how to find you guys?

So I'm still downloading the game and have no idea if I even need to worry about server selection in order to join our guild.   But assuming I do, what server are you guys on?     Also, I read something about a 15 member limit to new guilds -- is there even room?    If not, what can I do to help?

I've missed you guys.

Fitz

Paetryn
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Hello Fitz, glad to hear from you.  We are on Orwen server and the Serendia 01 channel.  We are still using Team Speak for those that want to participate on it. Yes there is lots of room in the guild.

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Were just like Jello......There's always room for another Relic!

Speaking of jello tho.....

Claire, Sandy......Got a minute......Let's talk.....

Just asking!

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Fitz!!! Woohoo!

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Yea....

I'll give ya a woohoo when YOU take my key.........

CHICKEN!

Fraid you'll fall in love????

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Eyesadi wrote:

Were just like Jello......There's always room for another Relic!

Speaking of jello tho.....

Claire, Sandy......Got a minute......Let's talk.....

Just asking!

It's too early for this cheese... I need more coffee.

Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!   Oh, and your "Help starting off" post I'm sure is great Leanndra,  but I'm think I need a "help getting to a point where you can start off"  post.  :)    

For instance,  you mentioned steel tools,  but don't mention whether or not you need to buy the poor quality tools first in order to get to a point where you can make steel tools.    Of course I haven't found where to learn about crafting so I guess that will come in time.

You also say:  "First off, make your way to Velia",  but Velia isn't on my map, only Olvia.   So should I leave Olvia now and start heading cross-country to find Velia?  Or should I wait?   Basically it seems that I am leveling very fast and not really learning anything about the game.

Anyway, those are silly concerns from an impatient person and don't really need an answer.  :)     But there are a few basic things I haven't been able to figure out.

1.  How do I search for people online (by family, guild, etc.)

2.  Why do people appear on the minimap with !'s but when I talk to them there is no quest,  and afterwards the ! is gone?

3.  I'm level 9 -- but have done nothing but follow my black spirit around killing things.  Should I have been introduced to crafting, nodes, banking, housing, etc. by now?   If so, where do I go?

4.  I just picked the the Tearing Arrow I skill.  The description shows a <down arrow> + E,  and says RMB to cancel.   When I hit down arrow it just moves the camera, and down arrow with E does nothing.    On the other hand, if I click the '2' button on my skil bar where this is mapped, a bunch of stuff happens -- I get a thick grey bar filling up a few times,  then a small grey bar which counts down from 100 to 0 while I fire off a few shots very slowly.  So what's going on here, is there something else I should be doing to make this more effective?

5. The Tearing Arrow I skill also says  "Can use with Quick Slot" -- what is that?

Fitz

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Fitzrobert wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!   Oh, and your "Help starting off" post I'm sure is great Leanndra,  but I'm think I need a "help getting to a point where you can start off"  post.  :)    

For instance,  you mentioned steel tools,  but don't mention whether or not you need to buy the poor quality tools first in order to get to a point where you can make steel tools.    Of course I haven't found where to learn about crafting so I guess that will come in time.

You also say:  "First off, make your way to Velia",  but Velia isn't on my map, only Olvia.   So should I leave Olvia now and start heading cross-country to find Velia?  Or should I wait?   Basically it seems that I am leveling very fast and not really learning anything about the game.

** By "Make your way" I meant follow your quest chains and they will take you to the town of Velia eventually. You will encounter quests and npcs that ask you to gather materials for them or craft stuff for them as an introduction. (Both in Olvia and Western Guard camp).

Anyway, those are silly concerns from an impatient person and don't really need an answer.  :)     But there are a few basic things I haven't been able to figure out.

1.  How do I search for people online (by family, guild, etc.)

2.  Why do people appear on the minimap with !'s but when I talk to them there is no quest,  and afterwards the ! is gone?

** You will see npcs with both ! and ? on the world map. ! means they want to "talk" to you or have knowledge to pass onto you and ? is a typical Quest marker. In this game, knowledge is just as or even more important than your level.

3.  I'm level 9 -- but have done nothing but follow my black spirit around killing things.  Should I have been introduced to crafting, nodes, banking, housing, etc. by now?   If so, where do I go?

** Your Black Spirit is a guide but as you will learn, is out for himself. Wander Olvia and talk to absolutely everyone there.. they will give you the introduction quests to things. Do the same at the Western Guard camp. Your Level isn't as important as in other games, you literally CAN make it to lv 50 without killing a single mob or doing a single quest.

4.  I just picked the the Tearing Arrow I skill.  The description shows a + E,  and says RMB to cancel.   When I hit down arrow it just moves the camera, and down arrow with E does nothing.    On the other hand, if I click the '2' button on my skil bar where this is mapped, a bunch of stuff happens -- I get a thick grey bar filling up a few times,  then a small grey bar which counts down from 100 to 0 while I fire off a few shots very slowly.  So what's going on here, is there something else I should be doing to make this more effective?

Both the "npc instructors" and the Black Spirit" will give you "Training quests" ( example use Tearing arrow 3 times) to help you learn them. The "Combos are as complex as the knowledge system in this game and I admit I don't have all the answers there.

5. The Tearing Arrow I skill also says  "Can use with Quick Slot" -- what is that?

** Quick Shot is your Left mouse click attack. It fires a number of arrows and if you add "combos" after you use the Quick shot you get more attacks..   Black Desert is Set up with a belief that players will be using  W - up  S- down  A- left  and D right. So in your example, you would be moving Left and pressing the E key for the attack.

Fitz

That's probably not nearly as helpful as I hope it might be, but we are all learning as we go.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Fitzrobert
Elder

Awarded:

You are awesome!  Thanks!

Oh, and  I did just get to Velia  (I knew i was just being impatient,  but knowing I'm impatient never makes me more patient).     I did talke to people at the western guard camp, but not really in Olvia.   I think one guy other than my spirt gave me a quest -- something to kill two wolves -- but nothing about gather things. 

But I'll go back and actually talk to everyone this time -- *gasp* an mmo where you actually need to talk to people,  who knew?

Anyway, I'll muddle along.   Having fun so far on my first day,  but combat does seem pretty easy at the moment -- and that's saying something coming from me who generally sucks at combat.     Just by dodging constantly and spamming my left mouse button I was *eventually* able to solo the first co-op boss guy right before being sent to Velia -- recommended level was 15 and i was 11.     But he was really slow, and there were no adds, so I guess that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Fitz

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Excellent response Lia......Far better thanI could have done.

Lemme say this Fitz - Some of us been here a few weeks now and were still ALL newbies!

This is one wonderful game and not what were used to.....log in....kill.....level......rinse and repeat.

As Lea said.......you can play for hours and not do any killing!

Few tips I think are critical.  Hit your p key......check all those skills you have to learn!  

Knowledge can be gained in many ways.....and is the key to success.  You do want to talk to everyone, especially

folks with various symbols over their heads......NOW.....that said....look to the lower left of your screen.......Most NPC's

will NOT easily give up their good stuff.......you must build your affinity with them by having "conversations".  The gimmick?

Conversations coast ENERGY.  Energy is the second most critical concept for me.  You need energy for most everything you do.

And your pool starts low, but will grow as your acquire more knowledge!  Nice system.

Which leads to alts.

VERY important concept.  Knowledge is an ACCOUNT wide pool.  Learn something once and all your toons will know it.  ENERGY

is a toon based stat.  When your out.....you cant gather, have conversations, or do lottsa stuff.  So you go to an alt!  Full energy bar!

Crafting is also different here.  You WILL own up to 5 houses and MANY other buildings.  You can buy equipment to craft from your house.

BUT.......you can start crafting by whats called Processing.  Hit your L key and take a peek at the processes listed!  SWEET!  And you can process from

anywhere!

Buying your houses is quite easy....tho you need CONTRIBUTION points to do it.  Contribution points earned basically by various quests.  Open your map M key.

Click on the blue housing icon in Velia......it will open up another menus with your house selections.  Lottsa stuff to learn there as well.  You will need a residence, storage, lodging...........lots!

This is one WONDERFUL game......BUT.....it goes against what we have become accustomed to........instant gratification!  Give it a few days.....go slow and just enjoy!

When are you normally on?  A nice chat in Team speak will do wonders!

Awarded:

Thanks for the info!   When am I *normally* on?   Its too early to say.   I haven't been mmo'ing for some time so I have no idea what sort of time I'll be investing quite yet.      I'm on now though.    

What are the teamspeak settings?    And are any of you on now to invite me to the guild?

Fitz

Leanndra- Vannya
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

If I had to describe this game to someone, I would probably say:

"Think of World of Warcraft, with Sims3, Railroad tycoon, Big Bass Fisherman, Big Game hunter, Sim City, and Civilization 4 ALL at the same time.

The nice thing about Black Desert, is the "Onion" , you can peel it as much as you want.. start feeling tears ?  you can focus on the layers you have already discovered..  or dive right into the deep end and try to handle everything at once. Definitely not for me. :)

Paet and Eye are the only ones who have invite abilities atm so once one of them spots this thread, I'd expect one of them to set up a meeting online with you and get you in. We are using Paet's TS at the moment.

ip: 173.236.29.51:10008

pw: Pearl

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Dumacles
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Nice to see you joining us Fitz!

Mark of the Historian

Leanndra- Vannya wrote:

If I had to describe this game to someone, I would probably say:

"Think of World of Warcraft, with Sims3, Railroad tycoon, Big Bass Fisherman, Big Game hunter, Sim City, and Civilization 4 ALL at the same time.

The nice thing about Black Desert, is the "Onion" , you can peel it as much as you want.. start feeling tears ?  you can focus on the layers you have already discovered..  or dive right into the deep end and try to handle everything at once. Definitely not for me. :)

Paet and Eye are the only ones who have invite abilities atm so once one of them spots this thread, I'd expect one of them to set up a meeting online with you and get you in. We are using Paet's TS at the moment.

ip: 173.236.29.51:10008

pw: Pearl

I got my Team Speak 3 loaded last night. Is therea specific server I need to be on?

Mark of the Historian

Nope just use the IP address above and password.  It should work fine.

Jump to: