Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> EverQuest I and II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Notja
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

re: EQ2 TLP

Well, I had a week or so left of my "All Access" so I decided to try this. After you roll your character, you started on the boat on the way to the island just like it used to be, with all the same quests. However, it seemed to be a lot easier and I finished the island in about 2 hours with level 6. I also finished the final cave quest by myself. I seem to remember needing a group to finish that when the game first released.

Upon finishing the island, I was given the choice to go to Freeport or Neriak... I chose Freeport and was sent to the docks.. so it would appear that the only nostalgic part, was the Isle of Refuge... everything else is the same... that's when I stopped playing. I could play on a regular server and turn my adventure XP off and get the same kind of nostalgia.

Just my 2 copper pieces.

Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

I always missed those little hamlets that you started out in Qeynos or Freeport.  All my characters lived Qeynos hamlets since I wasn't fond of big homes and once they booted me out and forced me into the city of Qeynos or elsewhere I just never bothered much going into my homes.  It just became a door inside a big inn.  So yeah just adding back the starting island which you spend a couple hours in and then going on to the same old same old from there isn't much nostalgia.  At higher levels, they do send you into those hamlets for quests, but they are over-run with gnolls and other things so I guess that's why they couldn't re-instate them. 

Notja
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

That's too bad, because some of my fondest memories was when the game was first released and how difficult it was just to get outside the hamlet and actually into Qeynos for the first time. That quest line was great!

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Times have REALLY changed tho....Kids today will simply NOT play any game that takes that long just to get off a newbi zone.....

As I read various forums I have to laugh my arse off........folks complaining that it takes several WEEKS to hit cap in a game!

EQ I played for 5 years and never hit cap.......

The times they are a changing.

Instant gratification is the new drug of choice.

Thank God we have our memories.......those days will NOT return......

Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Eyesadi wrote:

Times have REALLY changed tho....Kids today will simply NOT play any game that takes that long just to get off a newbi zone.....

As I read various forums I have to laugh my arse off........folks complaining that it takes several WEEKS to hit cap in a game!

EQ I played for 5 years and never hit cap.......

The times they are a changing.

Instant gratification is the new drug of choice.

Thank God we have our memories.......those days will NOT return......

Ahem.. <cough, cough>

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

OK.....

Point made....

Now....

Let's see it released and then check it's health at 90 days.......

I know I'll be watching with interest!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: