Post new topic   Reply to topic    Relics of Honor Forum Index -> General MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charis29

re: Families

In addition to traditional guilds, ArcheAge also features a Family System. In many ways a Family is similar to a Guild but designed for smaller knit groups of players; ranging from 2 to 8 people. The family system runs parallel to the guild system, meaning you can be in both a family and guild! 

• Family members may share property rights. Allowing members full access to houses and farms.
  • Families have their own chat channel.

So here's a question, would people prefer to be in predefined "types" of families (ie. crafter family, gatherer family, pvp family, pve family, etc.) or just join a family based on friends or other possibilities that I can't think of?

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

My thoughts are our main focus must be the guild.  

Families will be most useful for our FTP guildies, in order to allow them to use our farms.

Claire, Mary, Sandy and I familied up and it was useful to keep the land utilized.

Not sure I see any value to segregating the Guild into individual groups........

side note.....We gonna meet you this WE?

Finally??

I KNOW Mary, Claire and Lin are CHOMPING at the bit to git going again!

Oxillion
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Hi guys,

So how does the "families" actually work?   Does it have a population cap?  What are the benefits?   This was one of my turn offs during that last beta excursion.  For FTP folks how do you progress anything without farms are the ability to farm and not worry about the public riffraff that can make off with your hard earned materials

So how many people can join these?  

What is the access rules?

What can be built or grown?

Is it protected?  

Are we there yet????

Anyway I would like to know if any of you can answer these pesky questions.   I am curious so I can give my folks the green light to download this during OB this week,

Ox

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

I found this site for info on Family  http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Family 

Eye, Mary and I did form a family in Alpha.  It allowed us to plant on each others plot, after permission is given.  You can harvest for your family member.  You can NOT pay the tax on the land.  Mary had a house and we found that, you can use the storage chest in a family members house.   there wasn't anything else to try so I don't know about farmer's workstation.  I think Mary said only the owner of it can use it.

I also found another  interesting site.  http://archeagesource.com/topic/1705-english-guides-and-tutorials-list-to-archeage/ 

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Claire is stealing my thunder!

Believe the cap for a family is 8.

It will be protected.

You can grow ANYTHING the climate allows.....

Families will be nice for the casual players and those that will be FTP.

We can aid them that way by sharing what we got!

Oxillion
Kindred
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Ok once we get a location and faction bases covered we can figure out who needs what.  I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

Jump to: