View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xebeck

re: I'm Back!

I know this floor some folks and will truly blow your hair back, but I have decided to come back after Mysts reinvitation of some really really old members like myself. Yes, it is I, Sairian, the one and only! I am back.

First things first, I want to apologize to any and all old members when I walked away from the guild and MMO's during GW2. I did it without notice and without saying a word. Again, I apologize. It had absolutely nothing to do with the guild or the people. My old friends will know that I am a full-time employee, full-time college student, father of three, and husband to a wife suffering with MS. Life was beginning to look insurmountable to me then, games were boring, not helping me escape and I needed to refocus and cutback while MMO's and the guild where the easy choice considering my options. Since that time, I am closing in on finishing my degree, graduated my oldest one, moved him onto college at Clemson and found things much easier lately. I move the next one out in 2 years, she is a rising HS junior..I cannot wait!

Saying that i have been lurking, looking into returning, and getting back with the old gang and tackling some new games. I have dabbled in landmark and ESO, neither of which I particularly enjoyed at all. I am currently looking into Bless and ArcheAge as my next choices. I am glad to be back and wanted to say Hello and re-introduce myself to my old friends and say Welcome to all the new faces that I do not yet recognize! It is good to be back home!

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Well, tho I cannot say "I knew ya back then", I can most certainly say....WELCOME HOME!

Sounds as if RL has had it's way with you a bit.......Your road has been quite perilous.

The absolute best thing about RoH is the people.  

An older, more mature and sometimes even a wiser group of folks!  Just a nice place to escape to after a hard day in RL.

Ary and I are messing around in Archeage.  A second ALPHA server is to be added next week.  

If you choose to venture into her lands.....know we will aid as we are best able.  It really is the first different kinda MMO in quite a spell.

Know it's PVP and Crafting heavy!  Fighting and questing are there.....but you might not even notice!

Again.....Welcome home......Great to have ya back!

Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Heya, Sai! You'd been with us such a long time...one of our very first pre-launch Rift members; I had wondered what happened to you.  You had your plate full and definitely understand the need to refocus.  Glad to hear from you again!

Between my son and my mom, I haven't had the time or focus for mmo's in a long while (gosh I need a vacation), but I hope we cross paths again in some game that catches our interest.  Otherwise, I'll be here to yak.

Xebeck

Thanks for being the first to welcome me back Eye and hopefully we can get to know each other better. I am truly interested in ArcheAge but like a lot of others here in RoH, I despise PvP. It is the one thing that has kept me away, along with the price at the moment.

And my dear Myst, how have you and the better half been? Are you two not actively playing anything at the moment or what? Where is everyone else at? Specifically Gequ, Veila, Kali, Wool, Dum and the others? It is good to be home among friends again. I have missed the kinship.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

I, as well, HATE, DETEST, and do not even like PVP as well.  In fact it's one of the great draws of RoH.  Like minds and all.

I have NOT played games in the past "just because".

AND......They are updating next week to a newer version which makes the game even more PVP focused.

All that said.

The game is a whole mess of fun, and just "different" than EQ2LOTROAIONRIFTWOW..........

As of now you could get to level cap and never PVP.  And your toon would be a 50, perhaps 5% "done".  The crafting, farming and ranching could keep ya busy for a VERY long time......especially so if you are a casual player.  Just a unique lil MMO is all. More importantly......your just back home again! It matters not a whole lot what room you choose to hang your hat in.  Thomas Wolfe had it wrong methinks!

And of Course, Rift has a new xpac coming......Norath is still VERY appealing.........and the list is endless!

Mystarra
Relic Keeper
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Xebeck wrote:

And my dear Myst, how have you and the better half been? Are you two not actively playing anything at the moment or what? Where is everyone else at? Specifically Gequ, Veila, Kali, Wool, Dum and the others? It is good to be home among friends again. I have missed the kinship.

I reactivate EQ2 about every 3 months to check on the guild hall rent, and occasionally Landmark (keep meaning to log in there again but getting sidetracked).  I have Shroud of the Avatar since I'm a backer but haven't logged into there in months.  I may check out LotRO again in the future; I just had gotten tired of it.

Mostly when I have time to play something, I'm playing Skyrim since I can pause it when I need to.  Tkyle (better half??? ) is playing Mass Effect 2 right now, but mostly working overtime, eating and sleeping lol.  I just don't care for any of the new MMO's and the direction they've gone.

Gequ went back to school for a new career direction and doesn't have much time for MMO's.  Last I heard, I thought Kali might have been in Rift and Secret World.  The front poll gives some idea where everyone is at.  Time for another one for the summer!

Liliyah
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Welcome back Sai! I know that boat of yours all to well! Just know your among friends who totally get it! Welcome back Friend! 

Notja
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian
Awarded:

Welcome back!

I feel your pain for sure. I'm working full time, going to school full time (even the summer semesters), have my 6 year old moving in with me next week to top all of that off, so that will guarantee me less time to play, I barely have time to sleep. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I will eventually see you in one of these games!

Xebeck

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back! Hopefully I will be able to see a few of you in some form of a game soon...

Paetryn
Relic Council
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Welcome back Xebeck,

I'm glad to hear things are getting better, and I hope to see you in game (one of them). 

I've got the following games loaded and ready to play: Guilld Wars 2, Dungeon & Dragons Online, Elder Scrolls Online, EQ2 and Landmark.  

As for future releases, I'm going to give Archeage a serious looking at.  Although I don't play PvP, A friend of mine say she knows a person who leveled to 50 without engaging in in PvP.

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

A word of caution.....Yes, you CAN rather easily level to 50 in A/A without pvp'ing.

That said......if you choose to go that route you will be so severely handicapped, you might not enjoy the game.  And....that has been my route so far!

As we migrate thru beta.....and we just had a MAJOR update.....it's clear that PVP will be needed at some point.  Perhaps very limited, but will be needed.

When you get your toon to 50 in adventure level.....your about 5% done!  The crafting in this game is more important and more fun than the adventuring.  It REALLY is a game quite different than anything we've ever seen.

Ary, Isis and I are LOVING every precious second.  And we three have played em all!

Know that unlike any other MMO your guildmates REALLY are critical here.....

Gotta go....My tumeric and Azealea's need harvesting before they spoil!  And the cows need milking.....Tree's to harvest.....GRRRRR

Level 50?  The tip of the iceberg my friend.......adventure level not really all that important here......crafting and building IS!

Xebeck

Nice to hear from you again Pae! It has been far too long. Unfortunately, I am not actively playing any of those games you have listed and really doubt I would load them up again. Like I said earlier, I believe I am heading towards ArcheAge, or Bless, if they will ever release. The PvP aspect of ArcheAge is what is really holding me back but, if what others say is true and that part can be avoided, then I will definitely at least try it. I think Eye mentioned that you might eventually have to if you really want to see more of the game but I will in no way do that without the core of our base. I for one certainly know all of our abilities and strengths together. We shall see.

Eyesadi
Legendary
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Awarded:

Not necessarily SEE more.....You'll be able to do most everything.......it will just be more time consuming....

Example....the recent change made some materials available on one one continent.....so, if you need it.......

Yea.....you must either go get it or try the AH.......which can be expensive.

Crafting in this game is INSANE!

Dumacles
Fabled
Mark of the Historian

Mark of the Historian

Welcome back! Good to see you on the forums!!

I haven't been around much of late. Really busy at work ( a new software upgrade and half my department gone) and my wife and I just finished up the busiest part of our agility trialing season with 7 3-day shows in the last last 9 weeks. Needless to say I feel more like a zombie than a human atm.

When I am online I am in ESO, really enjoying it (despite all the bugs and problems) just not enough hours in the day for consistent play.

Hope to see you around some and take care!!

Jump to: